We’re Hiring: 3D Environment Artist
NOTE: This position has been filled. We are no longer hiring.
We’re looking for a Environment Artist who can create vibrant and clean environment assets for a 3rd person, non-violent MMO. You’ll be responsible for creating models and materials for props, buildings, and world assets.
- Authoring high quality, appealing environment models for use in a procedurally generated and modularly built world
- Collaborating with Art Direction to work on cel-shaded, non-PBR assets. A willingness to work with texturing techniques not standard to the industry
- Implementing your assets into UE4
- Working with Art Lead to help identify necessary workflow and pipeline improvements
- Working with designers and developers on a small team to make sure a breadth of content is optimized for performance on multiple platforms
- A portfolio that demonstrates solid 3D environment art experience in stylized colorful worlds
- 3+ years of 3D environment art experience
- Prior experience working with environment kits/modular assets sets
- Experience with Blender
- Prior experience with UE4 environment art (static meshes, level design, etc)
- Good familiarity with UE4 material creation
- Any 3D generalist skills like animation and VFX
We love to see candidates from under-represented backgrounds. If you think you might fit our needs but aren’t sure, please, don’t hold back! Send us your resume. The absolute worst that could happen is that we’ll receive your email with gratitude and let you know that while this opportunity might not be the best fit for you, others we’ll have in the very near future could be. So go ahead and get on our radar!
What are we offering?
- 40 hours a week: we treat crunch like the result of serious mistakes that we’ve made, not a natural and inevitable part of the development process.
- Interesting, original work as part of a small, supportive, and friendly team full of thoughtful people who care about each other and care about our impact on our players’ lives.
- The opportunity to work on a game unlike anything that has ever been made before, with (among other things) meaningful goals to improve people’s lives and reduce toxicity and loneliness in the world.
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to email@example.com.
What’s it like working for Spry Fox?
Spry Fox’s motto is “make the world a better place.” We try to do that through the games we make, whether that’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships, or by designing our life sim, Cozy Grove, to encourage empathy, or by designing our puzzle game, Alphabear 2, to promote English language learning. We’re always asking ourselves “how does this game improve your life?”
We also strive to be a company that is a pleasure to work for. We hope to be an important but not dominating part of your life. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
We make highly original games. Invention is part of our DNA. You’ll be working on designs that often don’t fit in a comfy genre box.
We’re fully remote, and have always (11+ years) been fully remote, which means you have the flexibility to work your 40 hours a week from where ever you like, and in whatever configuration you’d like. This is not something we’re just trying to adapt to in response to the pandemic. As long as you have an overlap with your team almost every day, let people know what you’re up to, and don’t leave the rest of us hanging, almost anything goes.
We currently have Foxes in Europe, South Africa, South America, Canada, and the US. We have a retreat once a year to come together, bond, discuss the long-term future of projects and the company, and stay up way too late chatting around campfires.
We have lives outside of work. Lots of us have children. Different Foxes enjoy playing music, reading books, storytelling RPGs, and traveling.
Spry Fox recognizes crunch is a negative and counter-productive practice in our industry. We consider more than a couple of weeks of crunch in a year to be a serious failure of management — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. And we have never crunched for more than six continuous weeks in the eleven year history of our studio (a blemish consigned to our distant past, hopefully forever.)
No Comments in 'We’re Hiring: 3D Environment Artist'