NOTE: This position has been filled. We are no longer hiring.
In Spry Fox, we think of producers first and foremost as people who facilitate communication between other members of the team and make sure that everyone is on the same page. Producers also help identify exciting opportunities that the team might be overlooking as well as dangerous risks that might be going unappreciated. And last but not least, producers help ensure that we’re not dropping any important balls. Great communication and organizational skills, empathy for others, and an ability to remain and to spread calm are all highly appreciated in this position. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- You’ve shipped at least one commercial video game as a producer.
- Strong communication skills that will help you succeed in a remote team environment.
- Well-developed empathy that helps you connect with your peers across disciplines, relate to our customers, and display mature conflict resolution.
- You must live within three hours of the Pacific timezone.
Plusses (just nice to have)
- Recent professional experience with Unity engine.
- Plenty of experience playing games in Cozy Grove’s genre (i.e. Animal Crossing, Spiritfarer, etc.)
- Prior live service game development experience.
What are we offering?
- 40 hours a week: we treat crunch like the result of serious mistakes that we’ve made, not a natural and inevitable part of the development process.
- Interesting, original work as part of a small, supportive, and friendly team full of thoughtful people who care about each other and care about our impact on our players’ lives.
Please send your full resume, references, and anything else you think we should see to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s it like working for Spry Fox?
Spry Fox’s motto is “make the world a better place.” We try to do that through the games we make, whether that’s by designing MMOs that encourage the development of friendships and discourage toxicity, or by designing our puzzle game, Alphabear 2, to promote English language learning. We’re always asking ourselves “how does this game improve your life?”
We also strive to be a company that is a pleasure to work for. We hope to be an important but not dominating part of your life. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
We make highly original games. Invention is part of our DNA. You’ll be working on designs that often don’t fit in a comfy genre box.
We’re fully remote, and have always (10+ years) been fully remote, which means you have the flexibility to work your 40 hours a week from where ever you like, and in whatever configuration you’d like. This is not something we’re just trying to adapt to in response to the pandemic. As long as you have an overlap with your team almost every day, let people know what you’re up to, and don’t leave the rest of us hanging, almost anything goes.
We currently have Foxes in Europe, South Africa, South America, Canada, and the US. We have a retreat once a year to come together, bond, discuss the long-term future of projects and the company, and stay up way too late chatting around campfires.
We have lives outside of work. Lots of us have children. Different Foxes enjoy playing music, reading books, storytelling RPGs, and traveling.
Spry Fox recognizes crunch is a negative and counter-productive practice in our industry. We consider more than a couple of weeks of crunch in a year to be a serious failure of management — something to be learned from and avoided in the future. And we have never crunched for more than six continuous weeks in the eleven year history of our studio (a blemish consigned to our distant past, hopefully forever.)