NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Spry Fox is looking for a lead engineer, experienced with working in Unity, to help us develop a new cozy game! Note: we intentionally keep our teams as small and as experienced as we can, while sticking to a 40 hour work week and avoiding crunch, because we believe small teams accomplish more and are more pleasant to be a part of. This means that you’ll definitely be rolling up your sleeves and writing code alongside all the other engineers at all times, but you’ll also be sharing your wisdom and helping solve our hardest technical problems on a team-wide basis.
Position requirements. You must:
- Have at least five full years of professional game development experience, and preferably more
- Experience shipping at least one commercial games using Unity, and preferably more
- Be very comfortable working remotely (we’re a virtual studio; everyone works from home!)
- Speak and write fluently in English
- Live in a US-adjacent timezone or be willing to work from 10am-2pm PST Monday through Thursday
- Want to make the world a better place
While not required, it would be nice if you also:
- Have any backend (i.e. multiplayer/server) development experience
- Have interests outside of game development
- Have shipped several games in your professional career
What are we offering?(more…)