Spry Fox is looking for a (paid) 2D Art Intern for 10-12 weeks this summer who is looking to get some experience working with a team creating assets for Cozy Grove, a 2d game built with Unity. If the summer internship goes well and you are interested, we’re opening to continuing it part-time during the academic year.
The right candidate for this internship will be someone who can adapt to a set style and has an eye for working with orthographic perspective.
Qualifications (these are hard requirements; no exceptions will be made.)
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates great foundational drawing skills, most importantly perspective and a sense of proportion. (Please use a personal website or artstation, we will not be looking through instagrams or tumblrs and do not want to receive 50mb-worth of email attachments.)
- Must be intimately familiar with Photoshop and be proactive about keeping your layers and groups named and organized.
- Must have some examples of lined 2d art drawn in orthographic perspective. We do not require an art test, but you must have some linework drawn in perspective in your portfolio, with a preference given to orthographic perspective.
- If you don’t have any samples and need a prompt to fulfill those requirements, please draw a small scene with black lines and flat colors that has 5-7 contemporary, non-fictional objects in it. Here is an example prompt: A table with a tea set and 2 chairs facing different directions on a mossy, uneven cobblestone ground.
- Must be able to accept and act on constructive criticism.
Significant experience using and working in Unity is a big plus, but not a requirement. If you have this experience, please describe it in detail when contacting us as it will help your submission.
Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org