24Aug

Cozy Grove Autumn Update

Hi Scouts!

We’ve been quietly working away on a major Fall update for Cozy Grove, and we’ll be ready to start beta testing it soon. Our goal is to release it on every platform simultaneously like we did with the Summer Update. Our current expected release date is sometime in early October.

We’ve got a few goals for this update: tackle some of the more challenging feature requests that the community has been asking for, add content to some of the systems that we think are currently underutilized in the game, add at least one major new activity, and last but not least, add a special Fall limited-time event!

Get in touch with your interior-interior decorator

We know you’ve all wanted to go inside your tent for a long time, but some serious technical hurdles kept stopping us from supporting that feature… until now! Once a tent has been upgraded a couple times, Scouts will now be able to enter it and decorate the interior. Many of the existing decorations in the game already work well for this purpose, but we’re adding many new decorations specifically with your tent’s interior in mind.

Fully-upgraded tents will have several rooms to decorate. (That compact exterior is mighty deceiving… but what else would you expect from a magical Spirit Scout tent!)

Welcome your new overlord– I mean, housepet

Now that you’ve got a home interior, you’ll probably want to share it with someone who loves you, right? And if that “someone” is a particularly finicky creature who is unusually demanding yet totally adorable, that’s cool, right? I’m talking, of course, about cats. Unlike other animals in the game, most cats can’t be simply purchased from Mr. Kit or one of the bears. You’ll have to lure a cat to your home, and once you’ve lured it, it might take some doing to make it the happiest cat on Cozy Grove. But you’ll be rewarded with purrs aplenty, and isn’t that reward enough?

Snuggle-bunnies FTW

What’s even cuter and cuddlier than a spirit bird or deer? Why, a spirit bunny of course! Spend enough time with Lee Berry and he’ll gladly sell you the charms you need to bring your own bunnies into the world.

Share in Arjun’s favorite hobby, photography

Now you too can be a shutterbug, just like your favorite ram-horned bear! We’re adding a camera to the game, and not just for the purpose of replicating screenshots, but as part of a whole new minigame involving capturing candid moments and scenes on Cozy Grove.

Harvest plants rapidly… with music!

Did you know Spirit Scouts are fond of the accordion? It’s true! There’s something so joyous and unassuming about the instrument, and when it’s played by a Scout in touch with their surroundings, magical things can happen. Things like, for example, a whole bunch of trees, bushes and flowers tossing their harvestable items directly in your direction.

Halloween is coming to Cozy Grove

I mean… how could it not be? Haunted island full of ghosts, check. Characters who like to give you stuff, check. You can bet Ms. Carouse will be excited to see you again for this!

We’re not going to reveal anything more, not even in beta, because we want the details to be a surprise like they were with the Summer event.

And we’ll slip in a few other things, such as:

• New background music
  • Improved stone-skipping (clearer signaling, easier to get multiple skips)
  • Small bugfixes and various improvements

For those of you who haven’t been following along with the minor updates that we’ve been doing in between these major seasonal updates, please check out the Cozy Grove update log! We’ve made quite a lot of improvements in response to the community’s feedback, such as adding purchasable storage chests and enabling you to feed animals directly from your storage. Not to mention a bunch of performance improvements!

25 Comments in 'Cozy Grove Autumn Update'

• Max Wolf
    August 24, 2021 at 10:56 am

😍😍😍 Me and my best friend love this game, and now the developers are improving it? Christmas has come early.

• Jin Soo Lee
    August 24, 2021 at 10:58 am

Awesome update, keep up the amazing work! I can’t tell what I’m looking forward to the most because everything is great. The accordion will definitely come in handy and is such a cute idea as a way to mass harvest and I cannot wait to lure a cat into my tent…

• buitterflies
    August 24, 2021 at 10:58 am

That sounds like it is going to be exciting. Keep up the good work. I have become addicted to this game. Love it.

• Teresa
    August 24, 2021 at 11:00 am

Praise the Gods! I havent been able to play for months because the harvesting would make my carpal tunnel flare up so bad. Thanks for adding the harvesting update. I cant wait to play again

• Cecily
    August 24, 2021 at 11:07 am

This all sounds amazing, and I’m very much looking forward to this update. Thank you <3

• sunshine lemonade
    August 24, 2021 at 11:11 am

How exciting!! This update is full of amazing new content that I’m thrilled to discover. I just hope that PS5 optimizations are on the way too. The hitching during autosaving and incredibly long load times are a bit of an annoyance. Otherwise I couldn’t be happier with this game. It’s the perfect game to relax with after work. Thanks to everyone on the team!! <3

• Daniel
    August 24, 2021 at 11:19 am

I’m so ready for this update 🥰🥰🥰👻

• Pingback: Cozy Grove Update 1.13 Patch Notes on August 24 | Autumn Update
  • Jonas Felipe
    August 24, 2021 at 11:41 am

When I think the game is at its highest level, you come and surprise me, giving more reasons to spend minutes, harvesting and taking care of the Island. Love this incredible creative team!

• TheKunka
    August 24, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Wow! WOW!!!
    Everything about this update has sold me. Good job team!

• Bonnie
    August 24, 2021 at 2:03 pm

I love this, this is so exciting. THANK YOU everyone at Spry Fox, you never stop delighting us!! 😍😍😍

• Bear in disguise
    August 24, 2021 at 2:41 pm

It’s amazing to see all these new features and gameplay mechanics, thanks you a lot for these updates and listening to the community with care !
    Have a good day ! ʕ•///ㅅ///•ʔ

• Joy
    August 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm

Great!! Can you make it possible to recycle imp essences too? I’m drowning in joyous spirit imp essence but cannot get a simple essence unless I wait to use a tool up. Too frustrating!

• |||AHM|||
    August 24, 2021 at 11:35 pm

Fix the heavy duty elite trophy. The grind is to much and it’s pointless to digg up holes for 250 days if your lucky enough.

• AB
    August 25, 2021 at 2:07 am

Can we get a little more inventory space… please?

• audrey
    August 25, 2021 at 7:18 am

this is insane yall are doing the absolute most and we love you for it.

now, if only there was a way for us to access hairstyles we have purchased so we can change our hair to match outfits…… 🙃

but seriously thank yall for all the work you do; this game has become my absolute go-to comfort game and i can’t wait to see what’s to come!

• Laurie McDonald
    August 26, 2021 at 11:55 am

I am soooooooo excited!!! I’m a huge fan but I’ve reached th climax of th game and I didn’t want to be in limbo. Are new adventures planned for current games or do we have to restart? I LOVE COZY GROVE I have invested too much time lol to have to start over.

• Giulia
    August 27, 2021 at 12:30 am

This is just…amazing! You’re improving day by day, givng the community what they ask and even more! i can’t wait for new pets and the Halloween event! You’re great guys, thank you so much!

• Mhyxia
    August 31, 2021 at 6:33 am

J’adore ce jeu et le fait que les mises à jour se font régulièrement. Merci merci merci, vous êtes géniaux!
    Vive Cozy Grove!

• jujugoffer
    September 6, 2021 at 8:40 am

Trop bien cette futur MAJ, trop hâte

• mmamaloo68
    September 8, 2021 at 6:47 am

Cozy Grove has become the only game I want to play and just when I’m sadly getting a tad disappointed aka bored, here you come with an explosion of great stuff for us!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• Becca
    September 8, 2021 at 5:20 pm

I am excited for all the new updates! There is one idea I wanted to throw out there though: in the future can you make it to where Captain Billweather’s Book of Secrets can be sorted? It logs everything in the order he receives the items, making tracking the different levels of rarity harder to find when you are scrolling through. I know all the items have a “New Collectible” indication, but for bugs it would be nice to know the colors you have at the first glance rather than catching everything and hoping it is new. Thanks for all your hard work SpryFox Devs!!

• Triquetra33
      September 13, 2021 at 6:21 pm

So. Much. THIS! I have started to use a spreadsheet for the collections because it’s painful to try to go through it currently.

• LynAngel
    September 21, 2021 at 3:28 pm

This game is my favorite of all time! I think you developers are the most amazing folks — you are so creative! I am so excited about the fall update! A million thanks!

• Brynne Baruch
    September 21, 2021 at 4:11 pm

A suggestion is to let the collection sort according to type of bug or fish so you can see what you’re missing! Love the game! Bunnies r coming oh my!