Weekly Strategy discussion #3

Home Forums Archived (Inactive) Forums Highgrounds Hg – Tips & Strategies Weekly Strategy discussion #3

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

impronoucabl

THIS WEEK
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This week, we’ll be discussing: Atrophus!

Atrophus
    Cost: 4C (disband 4C)
    Type: Minion Soldier
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Front: 2 Rampage (+2 Attack. 2 x that amount if there is no unit opposite Atrophus in the opponent’s front row.)
    Back: 2 Protect (+2 defense to the unit in front of Atrophus, if that unit has defense.) + Windfall 4 (Disbands for 4C instead of the usual cost)

In case you forgot:

THE RULES
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Every week I will ask for ideas/ decklists for a given unit or strategy. I will usually be suggesting unused, or underpowered units, Chedd can *suggest* a unit he may be missing reliable data for.

Posts should ALWAYS be constructive, and I’d much prefer we do not turn to balance whinging.

Try not to repost the same ideas others have, but if you have critique, or related ideas then that’s fine.

All normal forum *rules* apply as well, I.e Don’t be a jerk.

wistijohnston

Wait what? I think im one of the guys who have played most crystal in this game. and i cant rember 1 deck that dident use Atrophus. if he is underused its because people dont understand this game.

impronoucabl

I don’t see him at all any more……….

joystickmonkey

If I used a deck with some big units, I’d probably use Atrophus. I have in the past. My crystal decks right now currently don’t need him, though, as they are tuned with economy.

wistijohnston

oka a great way to use him is in a bolt deck, early he is windfall. late game he gives jacen 3 defense and makes him a spike block.

lintinshell

I use to play him a lot before ghasper came out…. after that, ghasper is a faster resource generator.

wistijohnston

But Ghasper is also alot more unstbil he can mess up the draw or give the windfall to early

impronoucabl

Anyone have any *unusual* uses for Atrophus? (I.e in a soldier/rush army?)

*cough* Rohk *cough*

If so, any tips/ feedback?

Tim

Can you explain that for someone that’s never built a Crystal deck? In what capacity are people using him? Just as windfall?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Hg – Tips & Strategies’ is closed to new topics and replies.