Several issues

Home Forums Alphabear AB – Bugs & Technical Help Several issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

unpublishedhack

Got the game a couple of days ago. Really enjoying it, but I’ve noticed a handful of (mostly minor) things. I’m on an iPhone with iOS 10, which is pretty new, so that may have something to do with it.

– I see a message about my network connection being down and restored pretty frequently. Seems to fix itself quickly. Might happen every time I leave the house (switching from wifi to cellular). Just seemed odd.

– In Options, it says I can’t sign in. Hitting the sign-in button a second time pulls up a “Please wait …” screen that hangs and never resolves unless I restart the program.

– Going to Achievements does the same thing: “Please Wait …” that hangs over the screen until I restart.

– Rarely, in the game screen, when I’ve made a move and a bear tries to resize, instead of filling the space it turns into a tiny, one-pixel dot in the middle of a big empty space. I’ve seen it do this twice. Once the bear reappeared upon next resize; the other time I got to the end of the game and the bear reappeared during the points tally. I think this is strictly visual, and doesn’t seem to be hurting the actual gameplay.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  unpublishedhack.

>> Got the game a couple of days ago. Really enjoying it . . .

Glad to hear that!

>> – I see a message about my network connection being down and restored pretty frequently. Seems to fix itself quickly. Might happen every time I leave the house (switching from wifi to cellular). Just seemed odd.

That’s probably normal behavior. When, for example, the device just wakes up, it takes the game a moment to determine whether it is connected to the internet. During that moment of uncertainty, the screen telling you that you’re offline will appear, but it will go away again when the game realizes shortly afterwards that you’re online.

>> – In Options, it says I can’t sign in. Hitting the sign-in button a second time pulls up a “Please wait …” screen that hangs and never resolves unless I restart the program. Going to Achievements does the same thing: “Please Wait …” that hangs over the screen until I restart.

Please try the following:
    1) Fully exit the app as described here: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218505778-How-do-I-fully-exit-an-app-
    2) Launch your Settings app, look for and tap Game Center, tap your Apple ID and choose to sign out.
    3) Reboot the device. (Just fully power it down, then turn it on again. Don’t just put it to sleep. Don’t factory reset the device either!)
    4) Go back to your Settings app and sign in in the same place where you signed out in Step 2.
    5) Launch Alphabear. You may be immediately signed in. If so, great! If not, open the Options menu and sign in.
    6) Assuming you’ve signed in successfully, tap the Achievements button and that should work, too.

>> …[A bear] turns into a tiny, one-pixel dot in the middle of a big empty space. . . . I think this is strictly visual, and doesn’t seem to be hurting the actual gameplay.

We’re aware, and have been chasing after this bug since the game was launched. Unfortunately we still haven’t been able to figure out what is causing the incorrect sizing, even though we’ve occasionally caught it in the debugger. If you can figure out the cause, please do let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘AB – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.