Rubberbanding…

Home Forums Road Not Taken RNT – Bugs & Technical Help Rubberbanding…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rayspryfox 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Liisa

…is killing me. Literally. I’ve been forced to walk back and forth carrying something until I collapse. This has happened three times now… not fun. Any ideas if it might be my own doing?

rayspryfox

Hi there!

If you are losing lots of energy due to carrying things between rooms, I would recommend throwing the object to move it forward rather than carrying the object. Carrying objects costs energy, but throwing objects costs no energy and allows you to move objects great distances. The trick is to throw the object to a spot that allows you to throw it in the direction you would like to move the object.

If that doesn’t address your issue, could you please elaborate on your issue for us? Having things like screenshots can also be quite helpful. This FAQ has more information on how to provide further details on your issue: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/entries/50260620-How-do-I-report-a-problem-in-Road-Not-Taken-

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
    Ray (Spry Fox Support)

Liisa

But it won’t let me throw, that’s the point. I have no control at all!

I’d send you a screenshot but I’ve uninstalled the game, maybe I’ll revisit it someday.

rayspryfox

Ah, I think I may know which issue you were experiencing… Was the object that you couldn’t throw hovering at a diagonal angle by any chance?

If so, this is an issue we are aware of and should be already fixed on the Steam version and soon on the PS4 version (if you are already stuck in this state, unfortunately you will need to cause the death of your character to get around the bug. Hopefully you can activate a shrine before doing so so you can start over from the current year you are in without losing relationship progress).

This issue occurs when you are holding an object in a doorway while you throw an ice at a object that pushes you. The player gets pushed to a new square while the still held object in the doorway remains in the same spot, resulting in the player and the object to become askew and causing the state where you can no longer release the object without the game crashing.

If this doesn’t describe your issue, please let us know so we can take a closer look at the new issue.

Best regards,
    Ray (Spry Fox Support)

Liisa

This isn’t exactly what happened to me…I was just being forced to walk back and forth, sometimes over considerable distances. I don’t think I’ll be able to tell you much more than that and, frankly, I’m not very interested in trying to recreate the situation.

If it comes up elsewhere I’m sure you’ll hear. Sounds as if you just need to keep chipping away at the bugs.

Thanks anyway, and good luck with the game!

rayspryfox

I see, I understand.

Solving your issue is important to us. It can be difficult to locate the source of the issue when we don’t have sufficient information, so if you are ever in the same position in the game, please email us at support@spryfox.com. This FAQ page has instructions on how to report a bug: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/entries/50260620-How-do-I-report-a-problem-in-Road-Not-Taken-

I apologize that I can’t be of any more help. I hope we can resolve this issue in the near future.

Sincerely,
    Ray (Spry Fox Support)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘RNT – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.