Pylon deck (omg rly?)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Psi 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

fmsf303

I’m probably the only person playing Pylon, so I would like to share my deck and invite anyone to iterate on it and discuss it. Here it goes:

Producers:
    2x Jiast
    2x Merith

Hitters:
    2x Pomis (early game)
    2x Taro (as soon as possible)
    2x Igmund (to avoid “you’re dealling more dmg” than me situations)

Others:
    2x Kil
    1x Rohk
    1x Rune
    1x Random commander

This deck kills a lot :)

joystickmonkey

Wow, that’s like a list of all the units I don’t have! :)
    What’s the Rohk used for? It seems like just about everything you have is either over 4 cost or affordable first turn. Maybe instead of Kils that could mess up a Rohk pull, what if you swapped out for Epherius, Ino or Evelyne? Ozgo might be a good addition too. Would Atrophus and/or Gernt be a good method for getting Taro faster? Have you tried using any steal units?

impronoucabl

I play shadow pylon too! But I do think Rohk is bad. Personally I’d rather see Rohk produce wood & transform less/cost more.

EDIT: Here’s my pylon army.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  impronoucabl. Reason: sharing tips & strats

fmsf303

The idea is that Roth transforms into one of the producers or into the commander.

This allows for a very common opening hand of:
    Jiast + (Roth || Kil), far more powerfull than -> only playing Merith on the first hand.

@joystick those are all far to expensive, Kil costs just 1W and Roth is also 1W which means that I never have to produce wood, pylon provides enough.

I have been regularly able to drop Taro as soon as third turn, one of the interesting things of this deck, is that has all the producers sell for the purchasing price, If by the end of second turn you have a Merith and a Jiast you can sell one of them to drop a Taro in and start hitting at 14 in the 3rd turn.

Psi

This is a mighty deck!

I am currently playing it without a commander, but I can see where a 4 cost, rampage commander would fit in nicely.

Psi

…so looking at the commander cost details, a commander that has 3 Rampage in the front, 2 Heal in the back would cost 4 resources.

Epherius or Faiser looks to be a nice replacement for me in the meantime, though I’m not sure they are needed.

Psi

I’m not sure this is any better, but to make this a full rush strategy (with no backup plan for healing or disruption), you can take out the Igmunds and the Rune and do:

Producers:
    2x Jiast
    2x Merith

Hitters:
    2x Pomis
    2x Tavi
    2x Faiser
    2x Taro

Others:
    2x Rohk

You can use a Merith to produce 2 wood (or sell two of them to get 2 wood) to earn the 3 to produce a Tavi (or it may just be better to replace the Tavi’s with Rucke’s… I’m not sure).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Psi.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Hg – Tips & Strategies’ is closed to new topics and replies.