Post your "fun/newbie-friendly" decks – here's one of mine!

Home Forums Archived (Inactive) Forums Highgrounds Hg – Tips & Strategies Post your "fun/newbie-friendly" decks – here's one of mine!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aiee6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vaelvictus

It’s common for higher-rank players to make fun decks that newbies can beat, and are potentially more fun to play beyond just the feeling of victory. Here’s one I’ve been working on. I restricted myself only to units that were spirits – of course, there aren’t enough spirits in the game currently, so I restricted myself to:

spirits, ancients, wisps, shades

At first, I didn’t realize how good this would be for resources. But just like everyone’s favorite “gold farm for fatties”, this can put out big units in good time. Jimein, an ancient skeleton, takes the deck from unplayable to enjoyable. Shadebeast is a “shade” and discourages the opponent from multi-wounding the units, or at least punishing them for it. Of course, it’s still not a deck competitive for R50, but it is fun for me and the newbies I face.

Ideally we’ll have enough units to slowly strip away anything that isn’t truly a spirit, such as ancient and shade, (?) and I’ll see how the deck evolves over time. :}

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  vaelvictus.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  vaelvictus.

aiee6

nice

SPH

i tried for awhile to rock a “No-Units under over 5” rule for a while when i was live matching but it was rocked pretty easily…
    Maybe i should try again, but move it up to six. alot of good six units out there :)

ghoti

My fun “wound rush” deck:

Rune is the most expensive unit, so the basic idea is to get him out and then use front-row wound to outdamage whatever comes my way and back-row wound to pick off healers. Against newbies, a lot depends on the first few draws. I’ve actually won against Arthur decks with it, but more often get destroyed.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  ghoti.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  ghoti.

aiee6

my mountain defense deck-
    2X Harden
    2X Gromm
    2X Lapp
    1X Jonas
    1X Epherius
    1X Herold
    1X Rile
    1X Illian
    1X Bran
    1X Wren
    1X Hale

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  aiee6.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  aiee6.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Hg – Tips & Strategies’ is closed to new topics and replies.