Out of graphics memory crashes

Home Forums Road Not Taken RNT – Bugs & Technical Help Out of graphics memory crashes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dddaaannn

I made it part way into year 2 and was interrupted by a report of a (graphics?) memory-related crash. The error message was in a nice in-game dialog over a partially rendered background, and when I dismissed the dialog the game closed.

I was playing full screen on a 27″ iMac, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB. Mac OS X 10.9.4.

Let me know what other information might be useful in tracking these down. I’ll see if I can repro.

dddaaannn

P.S. Not much else running at the time. No other Spaces (except the default Dashboard layout). I was running it via Steam. Chrome and LaunchBar were probably running in the background, but no windows of their own.

What we’ve observed today is that there is some sort of resource that is being run out of. We suspect that often it’s graphical memory, but it could be something else as well. If it is something else, unfortunately it’s giving the error code as the out-of-graphical-memory error, which is why the game can’t currently distinguish between the various cases.

We uploaded an update about 3 hours ago that should help with some of these issues. In order to receive the update, 1) you should exit the game, 2) exit Steam, 3) sign back into Steam, 4) launch the game again. The most important part of this is steps 2 and 3–if you don’t re-sign in to Steam, it may not try to install the update. I don’t know if we’ve fixed everything, but we have fixed some things. If you encounter further problems after taking the update, or if you can figure out how to trigger the crash, please let us know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘RNT – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.