No new quests?

Home Forums Bushido Bear BB – Bugs & Technical Help No new quests?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ianspooner

No new quests are generated, and the quest screen reads “please check your device time to generate new quests”. Problem is, the device time is correct, and set automatically. Anyone else having this problem?

ianspooner

Looks like force-quittng the application, restarting the phone, and launching the application fixes this.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  ianspooner.

Thanks for letting us know about the workaround! We’re not currently sure what’s causing the problem, but I’ve posted the workaround on our support website.

FYI, our programmers think that the problem would have been fixed in the 01.01.00 update, which was released on 2016-05-19 (after iannespooner’s posts). If anyone encounters the problem on version 01.01.00 or higher, please let us know.

moograms

This happens to me frequently. I’m running version 01.01.03 on the latest IOS for iPhone 6.
    One possibility that jumped out at me is, I wonder if it happens when I click too quickly to quests before the game center banner appears.

Follow-up to my last comment: we were incorrect about the problem being solved in version 1.1.0; however, we did make a fix in version 1.1.2 and the players who were helping us to investigate have indicated that the problem was resolved for them. The fix was to ask more servers what the correct time is, because some of the time stamps we get back are significantly wrong.

>>One possibility that jumped out at me is, I wonder if it happens when I click too quickly to quests before the game center banner appears.

@moograms maybe–it’s possible that the game just hasn’t yet had opportunity to complete its time checks before you look at the quest screen. If so, I would expect that you could get your quests by fully exiting the app ( https://spryfox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218505778 ), then launching it again and then waiting a bit before clicking the quest button. Please try that and let us know whether that helps.

moograms

Yes killing and restarting the app has always worked for me. But the issue was not fixed for me in 1.1.2.

Okay, thanks for letting us know. Glad that the workaround (killing the app, restarting, and waiting a bit before clicking the Quests button) always seems to work for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘BB – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.