This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Delha 6 years, 1 month ago.
August 16, 2013 at 12:40 pm #14355
So we’ve been doing some tweaks. Some of these are in now, some will be in very shortly.
- 1. Loot drops are now greatly increased. You’ll get at least one guaranteed drop and then a random selection of additional single use plans when you complete a map. The more stars you earn, the greater the amount of loot. The harder the map, the greater the amount of loot. The goal is to encourage players to try out a wider variety of items on their maps.
- 2. Gold goods spawn more reliably: The previous system was spawning goods at a much lower rate than what we modeled. So some changes are being put in place to increase that rate. There’s a target rate of advancement we are aiming for and we’ll tune this until we hit it.
- 3. Trading gives you a chance of earning a golden good:: We want more benefits from trading.
- 4. Goods must be delivered in order to qualify for being dropped as a golden good: Building shoppes in the middle of nowhere didn’t seem very fun. Note however, that anything in the production chain involved in crafting the delivered good still has a chance to drop.
- 5. Higher drop rates on higher tier golden goods: If you craft a high level item, there’s a much greater chance you’ll get it than the lower tier ingredients.
- 6. Golden goods carry over between games: Golden goods earned at the end of the game keep spawning in your next game. You’ll never lose anything by finishing a game early.
- 7. The number of golden goods decreases with the number of stars: Waiting on a map and grinding golden goods should not be that profitable. We want to encourage skillful play where everyone works together to finish the maps.
There’s a bunch more polish adjustments in the works. Keep bringing up issues on the forums and we are monitoring the occasional in game chat. Tweak, tweak, tweak. :-)
All the best,
Danc.August 16, 2013 at 2:58 pm #14364
Are we getting more vault space to handle these higher drop rates? :)August 16, 2013 at 3:20 pm #14365
Still monitoring the vault space. There are plans to let you get rid of excess goods more easily if you won’t need them. And there’s some thinking around how to make upgrading even the recipes that add complexity less of a scary option.August 17, 2013 at 7:24 am #14388
That’s a great list of changes. Will we need to start new maps to see them?August 17, 2013 at 8:35 pm #14393
Well, chest loot seems to be at a much higher rate: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4827559/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-17%20at%2010.33.03%20PM.png
Now if it would only give me the things I need to get over those level five humps. ^_^August 18, 2013 at 8:42 am #14400
Friday I was able to sell my excess loot, but today I cannot. Was something changed?August 19, 2013 at 6:19 am #14409
Cake of Pain
Currently you can only sell/discard items from your vault if you start a game with too many items. We hope to change this soon.August 19, 2013 at 6:57 am #14412
OK, thanks CakeAugust 19, 2013 at 6:58 am #14413
What happens during the game while there are too many items. Do they carry over to the new game or are they truncated?August 19, 2013 at 9:09 am #14415
Cake of Pain
They carry forward. The only time we check to see if you have too many items is when you first join a game.August 20, 2013 at 12:45 am #14432
Currently you can only sell/discard items from your vault if you start a game with too many items. We hope to change this soon.
This will make me very happy. I’d settle for having it available during the post-game chat.August 20, 2013 at 11:38 am #14439
I’m definitely liking the looks of these changes. Hopefully I’ll get a catapult soon now. I’ve needed that since about the first level since the new upgrade my rings past lvl 4.
Still monitoring the vault space. There are plans to let you get rid of excess goods more easily if you won’t need them. And there’s some thinking around how to make upgrading even the recipes that add complexity less of a scary option. I would definitely like this. I don’t see myself ever investing skill points beyond level five into skills that increase the complexity of a good. At least not for “tier 1 goods” (by “tier 1” I’m talking about the combinations of only basic, gathered materials) because I don’t want to be forced to try to produce something else instead of what I would have been able to produce just because I upgraded something.
For instance, lvl 4 to lvl 5 polished gems each require 2 water per. If I have only a stone node and a water node, at lvl 4 polished stone I could make 39×4 for 156 profit. If I had them upgraded to lvl 5 then I could only make 2×48 for 96 profit. Sure, if I had another water it would be more profitable, and in this scenario I’m sure I could make something else. But if I’m investing skill points into what I want to make, and doing so makes it harder to make what I want, there is obviously some disconnect there. Because of this, I’ve started upgrading everything to lvl 4 and (have plans) to upgrade only a select few things beyond that instead of focusing solely on the skills I actually want to upgrade far up the tree.August 21, 2013 at 2:21 pm #14479
New build, new change
You may select from any previous major upgrade once you’ve leveled up the shoppe. So if you train up a level 5 shoppe, you’ll be able to pick both the level 4 version of the first major recipe and the level 5 version of the level 5 major recipe.
Note, we only show major upgrades in the Recipedia if the recipe itself changes. If the major levels only differ by value, we simply show the highest value one.August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm #14484
Great change. Thanks. I wonder if it would be useful to wipe the history of star completion times for old games. The difficulties of some maps changed dramatically, making getting many stars unlikely. On the other end it is possible that easy maps got even easier.September 3, 2013 at 3:08 am #14838
When starting a new game and needing to sell/discard goods from the vault, I am only offered the option to discard, whereas at the start of the last game I could sell. Is this a change or a bug?
The forum ‘LD – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.