Missing Secrets?

Home Forums Road Not Taken RNT – General Discussion Missing Secrets?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

acktheboker

Hello SpryFox!

I’ve been manically playing your game and thoroughly enjoying it; however, I appear to be stuck on 198/200 secrets with 3 open slots remaining on my book tab. Now I can understand the thrill of a good secret being hidden from me however, I do keep running into the notion that certain popular items i.e. (Spider Queen, Baba Caludron) do not appear on secret list when its bumped into. Curious if this is a bug or if it is as intended. Regardless if you could provide any type of hint or tip of what these missing two could be would be greatly appreciated and keep up the good work with the games =]

– Acktheboker

Yeah, some things don’t have an entry in the book of secrets. As to which are the two secrets that you are missing, I really don’t know! There are lots of not-obvious ones. You’ll have to swap information with other players and help each other fill the gaps in your books. (Unfortunately, there are no good wikis online yet; I saw that someone had started one, but they’ve done nothing with it yet. http://road-not-taken.wikia.com/wiki/Road_Not_Taken_wiki)

admiralvic

@ David

Any shot you could at least confirm or deny if the Spider Queen, Baba’s Doors (the two that close), Claudron have entries? I’ve been through this game probably 15 times and I’m either missing some extremely obscure item like the hidden mimic tree, some really conditional / rare spawn item like the skull and would love to have some sort of direction before I start randomly messaging a bunch of people in a sad attempt to figure it out.

Yep, I can confirm that Spider Queen, Baba’s doors and Baba’s cauldron do *not* have entries in the book, so you don’t need to worry that you forgot to bump them.

If I had to make a guess, I would guess that you either A) have failed to discover one of the obscure things you can craft in your house, or B) simply haven’t stumbled up one of the more uncommon crafting combinations in the world (I can think of at least one that requires uncommon circumstances.)

acktheboker

If all of my entries in my book that have crafting recipes are completed then would you perhaps alter your guess? :)

admiralvic

@ David

Thanks for getting back to me. I sort of figured that, but it never hurts to ask. With that being said, I assume it’s B, but want to be my hero and simply tell me what I’m missing before I go batty trying to figure it out? :3

My Journal:

Mimic Tree
    Tree
    Shattered Large Pot
    Shattered Small Pot
    Stone Seed
    Wood
    Spear
    Large Pot
    Fearsome Stew
    Berry
    Bee
    Flame Spirit
    Toadstool
    Playful Cat
    Owl Head Pickles
    Rock Eater
    Small Pot
    Stool
    Rabbit
    Royal Honey
    Potion of Fear
    Mole
    Evil Raccoon
    Parent
    Fox (favorite!)
    Willowisp
    Pot of Spare Staffs
    Skeleton Key
    Skulls
    The Dread Flutterby
    Ghost Girl
    Potion of Movement
    Boar
    Apple
    Doll
    Thorn Bush
    Hedge
    Berry Bear
    Middle Jelly
    Young Jelly
    Old Jelly
    Leshy
    Family Dinner
    Sad Doll
    Happy Doll
    Lodestone
    Thorn Tree
    Baba Yaga
    Lost Tablet A
    Lost Tablet B
    Lost Tablet C
    Jumpstone
    Potion of Following
    Raccoon Stew
    Mole Stew
    Wolf
    Very Angry Spirit
    Potion of Duplication
    Cornered Wolf
    Rice
    Shoe
    Baba Yaga’s House
    Pig
    Sleeping Cat
    Ice
    Baby Spider
    Web
    Owl
    Bone
    Backpack
    Buried Statue
    Dead Tree
    Potion of Grip
    Copper
    Statue
    Daemon Bunnae
    Crow
    Hawk
    Stun Potion
    Pork Roast
    Lesser Vine
    Poop
    Angry Spirit
    Precious Child
    Light Spirit
    Poison Toad
    Totem
    Night Imp
    Goat
    Ancient Mortar
    Blue Stone
    Red Stone
    Scared Bee
    Rock
    Doom Spirit
    Heavy Rock
    Placid Raccoon
    Berry Barrow
    Yeti Stew
    Fire
    Deer
    SnowFlower
    Yeti
    Giant Bear
    Bear
    Forest Bull
    Flower
    Shrubbery
    Forest Shrine
    Pine
    A Rogue Poetry Book
    Jar of Honey
    Axe
    Beehive
    Child
    Oak

Sorry if the order is bad, but this is the order they’re listed in game and again, I would really appreciate some sort of direction.

acktheboker

I can confirm those are also the ones I have.

Here’s a hint: one of the secrets can only be crafted in the forest after you have completed multiple careers.

admiralvic

Got my trophy! Thank you! :3

@admiralvic My sincere congratulations! I recently raised a concern around the office as to whether anyone would ever figure out a few secrets that I felt were particularly tricky. (One was indeed the one that David hinted at.) I’m glad that at least one person finally got them all!

admiralvic

@ Scott

Thank you! I could certainly see where you’re coming from with some, like I only got the tree entry because I accidentally ran into it, but overall I thought they were very well done.

acktheboker

David and Scott,

Thank you very much for your time and help to the struggled community for the tortures this game put me through. I also figured out the renaming secrets and I will be completely honest that I was probably going to annoy you guys much like your little magnet balls annoyed me until I found them all. :P Also would like to thank Admiralvic for being a great sport and joining forces with myself while me and him sat in a party together discussing all the wacky ideas that we had to only ditch me when he figured out the last secret even though I told him how to get the cured trophy. Regardless he still completed the game second to myself so I cant complain. :P

Also if you are curious developers, I managed to bring the mayor a copy of his own Skeleton Key! Perhaps that can be a mystery to you guys. :)

Thanks again for all your help. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to more content.

– Acktheboker

acktheboker

If you need some visualization.

@acktheboker my sincere congratulations to you as well!

Nice one with the Skeleton Key! I figured out pretty quickly how to do it (admittedly my first thought was not what I eventually arrived at as the solution), but it took me a few tries to actually execute it. It could be that there’s more than one way, though–this game just keeps surprising me!

keeperofthebeer

Can anyone confirm that the “bone” secret is the bone left behind from the children eaten by spiders? I’m at 199/200, have triple-checked that this is the only secret entry I am missing, and have bumped the bone left by a child on 3+ separate occasions, and it will not register.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘RNT – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.