Mentor request Spamming

Home Forums Archived (Inactive) Forums Leap Day LD – General Discussion Mentor request Spamming

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Delha 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

death561

Some one is constantly hitting the mentor request button. The mentor pop up is spamming my screen to the point were I can’t do anything. I even tried to accept the mentor request, but during the mentor game the guy just kept hitting the request button, I couldn’t even chat with the guy. and I doubt he noticed the blinking chat button.

Two things need to be done.

1. If I deny a request from a player for a mentor game once, the pop up should never come back to me from that player ever again (I’m ready to throat punch that dude right now)

2. There needs to be a more obvious chat feature on those mentor games… the tiny button is not cutting it

Silverthorn

3. There shouldn’t be new mentor requests while you’re already in a mentoring session, makes no sense whatsoever to prompt us to leave the current mentor game.

Cake of Pain

Mentor requests definitely shouldn’t arrive while you’re mentoring. I’ll get that fixed as soon as possible.

Each mentor request is a new user… it’s not the same guy over and over.

death561

Ok if each mentor request is a new user, there is no way there are 50- 75 new players requesting mentor help this morning all at the same time.

Cake of Pain

Actually, we are. Trying to get this game out of beta!

death561

Wow.. ok… great, I am happy to hear that… but I do have to say that all of the requests at once are making this game in-playable right now

Cake of Pain

Yeah, sorry about that. Need to build up this player base, then there will be more users available for mentoring.

raetonycass

I have a hard time believing that so many people, myself included, are getting so many back to back mentor requests. Seems like a bot to me. The new player isn’t doing anything useful. Just mindless placing of items. They don’t expand, they just sit where they are. Hoping it fixes soon because I am in a hard game and want to get back to it. With all the mentor requests I can’t even lay a single piece of road!

raetonycass

I have a hard time believing that so many people, myself included, are getting so many back to back mentor requests. Seems like a bot to me. The new player isn’t doing anything useful. Just mindless placing of items. They don’t expand, they just sit where they are. Hoping it fixes soon because I am in a hard game and want to get back to it. With all the mentor requests I can’t even lay a single piece of road!

Delha

So yesterday, Flincae and I ran the tutorial as guests, to see what it looked like. I very highly recommend that veterans do so as well, it takes practically zero time, and the insight it grants on the process is incredibly valuable in terms of understanding new player behavior and being a better mentor.

1. The new players are very very inexperienced. The old tutorial had more lead time before dropping players into the mentor game. Now, it is the second map.
    2. The first map shows them how to lay down road, talks about flan picking up and selling goods, and gives a quick rundown of flan movement logic. It does NOT cover factories/cranes/etc.
    3. Not only does the chat pane no longer open, the task popups that guide players through the tutorial have a link to pull up hints which cover the chat window, so they cannot read it and see chat at the same time.
    –That leads to situations where a player might talk to you briefly, then go silent for a long time while they read the current set of hints for their task (I was initially confused why the player was so inconsistent about response time)
    –I didn’t look at all of them, but the one I did click had a lot of info. Enough that I expect it takes most new players a reasonable chunk of time to process each one.
    4. While the new player has enough cash to just finish the map immediately, the tasks direct them to play as if it’s a real game. For example, it tells them to collect and turn in enough resources to reach at least 50g income, then has them place a factory, etc/etc. Expansion and delivering to the boss is a ways down the list, which is why they’re “just sitting there, not expanding”. They’re placing “mindlessly” because those are baby steps. This is literally the first opportunity to place objects freely (since the first tutorial maps is limited to “Select house. Place here.” type actions).
    5. I realize many veterans probably didn’t make this mistake, but I had initially thought that new players still had full recipe access, while the mentors were limited (to prevent fast econ into rushed map completion). This is not the case. Both players have very few factory options (Maybe just Barrels, Oak, Bread, Perfume, Spirits, don’t recall exactly).
    6. This is not strictly related to the Mentor game, but a note on the tutorial as a whole. Once the mentor game is complete, it sends you into a Sad Uncle game. At the point where you join this game, you do not have access to rings, so it is hypothetically possible to have a game where literally nobody can place a ring factory, making the map impossible to complete.

Cake of Pain

@Delha- You’re saying the ring recipe wasn’t available in the Sad Uncle game? Can you post a screenshot of what recipes are available?

Delha

I’d have to run the Tutorial again, but that shouldn’t take too long. Will try to get you a screenshot later today.

Edit: Wow, going back to reread the prior post, I should remember to format better. That’s really annoying to read.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  Delha.

ruthka422

If I understand correctly Delhas post newbies in Mentor game are guided step by step by tutorial and don’t have time for chat or they own free game. Becouse of that mentoring there makes no sense for me. I’m just watching and waiting. Maybe better idea will be mentoring in game where new players are on they own without direction from tutoring system.
    Sorry for my english

Delha

Cake of Pain

Thanks Delha! Does the recipe list change if you refresh the browser and load back into the game?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘LD – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.