This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

arobicha

I’m running Windows 8.1 on a PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo (2.7 GHz), 6 GB of ram, and not much else running that’s occupying my system resources (task manager reports RNT eats up 80%-90% of my CPU cycles, and about 500 MBs of RAM). The game is extremely choppy… It is an older system, but considering the system requirements are quite low, I’m surprised by the choppiness of the frame rate. It’s a little bit smoother in windowed mode than full screen, but it would be nice to have that fluid motion that the game clearly wants to have…

Aside from that, I’m really enjoying the game… I’ve been looking forward to it for a long time now.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  arobicha.

Thank you for letting us know! I’m sorry that the game isn’t running as well on your computer as we’d like it to. We are interested in figuring this out and fixing it if possible. What is confusing is that some people are experiencing problems but others are not, and the difference doesn’t seem to be super amazing hardware.

If you (or anyone reading) has insights into what might help the situation, please let us know so we can investigate and/or pass on the information to others. Specific insights such as “I changed XYZ setting on my video card and this helped” or “memory appears to be leaking when I do this action” would be the most helpful.

Glad you’re enjoying the game, though!

Actually, someone gave a suggestion that has already helped some people: Try enabling Flash hardware acceleration. The following page discusses how to do this:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337

We are keeping a list of things that might help here:
    https://spryfox.zendesk.com/entries/52801150-The-game-is-laggy-or-has-a-bad-frame-rate-FPS-What-can-I-do-Steam-version-only-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘RNT – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.