Latest Major Update Incoming

Home Forums Archived (Inactive) Forums Leap Day LD – General Discussion Latest Major Update Incoming

This topic contains 66 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  claudekennilol 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Cake of Pain

The “Assert: no cost” error is now fixed, sorry about that!

dornbeast

Correction to my previous observation: Shrines of Fine Wood seem to affect the value of Wood and Oak, but I know they don’t affect Jewelry, even though there is wood in the process.

dornbeast

Ah! I think I’ve figured it out. Wood in transport apparently doesn’t have a value, so if it’s harvested before the Shrine activates, but put into a factory after that, the product is calculated at the enhanced value.

Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Daniel

Yep…values are determined on sale.

Also Shrine and Altar effects take place only once they are activated. It can be a fun little mini-game trying to get certain altars activated soon enough. The individual recipes for the altars are not hard, but if you do them at the very end of the day they aren’t much use.

dornbeast

Another suggestion: The Market listings aren’t very descriptive. I’m sure your team can do better than I can, but to give you an idea of what I’d expect:

Unlimited Wood Path: Slower than Stone Path, but cheaper.
    Unlimited Track: Trains need this to provide high-speed transport.
    Unlimited Catapult: Launch items from Catapult to Catapult! All items are insured against breakage.
    Unlimited Hopping Train Station: These trains are designed to avoid collision by launching into the air.

Eskay

Earlier today, when I picked up a Shoppe, I could place it back down again as the same Shoppe before my cursor reverted to plain Shoppe sites. That was really convenient. It’s not happening any more — can we have it back?

Eskay

Now that unlimited items are the fancy paid sort, could we please lose the “Are you sure?” dialog when shipping only unlimited items?

fichom

Question about golden chests: How often can we get an golden chest? Once per leap day, once per game? Or is it constricted in a manner you can get only 1 resource of that type per game? So you could get multiple chests, but you couldn’t get, for example, 2 wood or 2 ore inside. And what is the chance of getting a golden chest?

Also correct me if I’m wrong, but “skill points” we get are used to train your items, but I managed to train my oak production in my first game after the update, but I had no skill points.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  fichom.

claudekennilol

“Also correct me if I’m wrong, but “skill points” we get are used to train your items, but I managed to train my oak production in my first game after the update, but I had no skill points.”

Yeah, that’s where my confusion is coming from. First game I found a chest with ‘golden ore’ in it and was able to train it. Now whenever I train with a ‘golden item’ my skill points also decrease.

joeblowglitch

Yeah I’d also like to see some clarification on golden chests, skill points and training upgrades.

dornbeast

How often can we get a golden chest? Once per leap day, once per game? Or is it constricted in a manner you can get only 1 resource of that type per game? So you could get multiple chests, but you couldn’t get, for example, 2 wood or 2 ore inside.

Well, it’s definitely more than once per game, and duplication is possible; I picked up three golden chests with bread in them when I logged back on, one time. They only showed up one at a time, but I get the feeling they were backlog from my not being on for a few hours.

dornbeast

We’ll need to work out how to give the player-created Online Recipedias the relevant data for a given Prince.

After thinking about it, my suggestion is adding a button that copies Prince data to the clipboard, and can be pasted into an online Recipedia. It doesn’t have to be readable by humans – a comma-delimited file would work, but it might be more compact to make something that looks like a cat walked across the keyboard.

Daniel

Golden chests:
    – Roughly once an hour there’s chance you’ll get golden goods. This runs even when you aren’t there. If you finish a game and leave it, the golden goods you earned by didn’t pick up will be awarded in the next map.
    – What you get depends on what you are crafting. Each unique recipe you craft gives you a chance of getting that golden good.
    – We roll for high tier goods before low tier goods.
    – You earn skill points by leveling up your prince.
    – All shoppe upgrades take at least 1 skill point.
    – There’s a reason for this: Princes have limited levels they can earn (currently 100) so there are a limited number of skill points you can earn in the lifetime a prince. It is a lot so don’t worry about running any time soon.
    – However because skill points are limited, you can’t earn everything and are encouraged to specialize with a prince. This is a long term thing and we’ll be adding some additional tool to help you make good choices.

This is all subject to change, but that is what is there now. :-)
    Danc.

claudekennilol

Thanks for the info Dan, that’s very helpful.

fichom

One more question. Can other people see/pick up my chests? I mean i noticed they sometimes spawn outside the area i have revealed(got 1 golden oak right next to my border). And does spawning in my neighbor’s territory has any effect on this?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘LD – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.