Latest Major Update Incoming

Home Forums Archived (Inactive) Forums Leap Day LD – General Discussion Latest Major Update Incoming

This topic contains 66 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  claudekennilol 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

colemanpants

*** This is now Live ***

Hello Leaper Friends!

We’ve got several big features we are finally ready to share for the Leap Day beta. The major one is that we’ve added a stronger leveling and progression system to the game.
    * You can upgrade your crafting shoppes.
    * There’s a new set of crafting goods that you win to help with upgrading.
    * Loot drops are revised to fit the new progression system.
    * Infinite use items for sale in the store

Apologies for the lengthy delay…there are quite a few systems we need to tweak into order to get this all working. We’ve been listening to your thoughts and hopefully you’ll enjoy some of the smaller tweaks like more complex top tier recipes and more intricate expert maps. There’s still a lot to do!

This post is to give everyone a heads-up on what’s coming in the near term. Because of the new recipes, you’ll notice that your existing games are mostly mostly likely broken. More details below.

The reset: Crown Reimbursement with Prince Purchases Intact
    This is a pass at bringing together many different design threads we’ve been working through and so there have been quite a few changes to the meta structure of the game. The downside is that we’ve need to rebuild both the Prince leveling and most of the inventory currently in the wild.

This requires a reset of everyone’s account. Never a fun thing, we we are going to try to credit you existing purchases. When you logon, you should receive a one-time notice to this effect.

The details:
    1) We refund all the crowns you have purchased or received as loot. Think of this as an opportunity to respec your account.
    2) We remove all the inventory in your Vault.
    3) We set existing Princes to level 6, which is where you’d be if you exit the tutorial.

We do not remove any Princes you have purchased.

Old Games
    Current active games will not be reset but they have some major issues.
    1) All the recipes are changed so you current layout is going to be broken. If you want to finish them, you’ll need to tear everything down and rebuild with the gold you’ve earned.
    2) Observation links won’t work on the old active games.
    3) Old games do not get XP.

However, all completed games will no longer be valid. The biggest impact here is that your old observation links will be broken.

When you start a new game, you’ll be playing with all the new rules.

Prince Levels
    Yes, we had to send all the little Princes back to level 6. Now what?
    1) Each prince gets XP from games that are completed. XP increases your prince level.
    2) When you level up you may get access to recipes that were previously locked,
    3) You also get a number of skill points that are used to pay for the major recipe upgrades. More on recipe upgrades below and unlocking below.
    4) You can earn up to 100 levels on each Prince.

One note here: Old games will not receive XP or loot on completion, only the reward of a job well done.

Vault, Inventory, and Plans
    Big change here. You no longer have any purchase limits on the Inventory you can carry in a game (your palette of items for a game). There are just the 6 basic inventory slots and 12 additional slots in which you can configure Plans you’d like to use.

Vault slots, on the other hand, *do* have a limit along with the ability to purchase additional space.

Also, the Wood Road is no longer a basic plan and has been replace with the Stone Road.

Items in the Vault do not stack and there are only 2 types of Plans: single use and Unlimited. A single use plan can be shipped to a map and is consumed after a single game. An unlimited use plan can be used as many times as you desire.

In general, single use Plans are dropped as Loot and are *always* dropped for defeating a given map. Unlimited Plans are available in the Market and work across all Princes for your Player. The hope is that free players will have a steady reliable source of their favorite plans by playing maps that drop those as loot. However, if you like a plan a lot, you can spend a small amount and get it permanently. That supports the game and makes your life a little easier without making it pay to win.

The Vault also contains Golden Goods…

Golden Goods
    When you craft a given Good, there’s a chance you’ll find a Treasure Chest placed in your area. If you click on the Chest, you’ll receive a Golden Good of the particular type. These Golden Goods will show up in your Vault along with your Plans. So what is a Golden Good good for?

Recipe Upgrades
    Recipes have been reworked extensively. For starters, recipes can have 1-5 ingredients instead of just 2 like they did previously.

There is also another new dimension to Recipes: Upgrades! Yes, you can upgrade individual Recipes. In some cases, you can upgrade a Recipe to make it harder but more valuable. In other cases, easier but less valuable. You can even make it possible to skip a tier of crafting with a sufficiently leveled Recipe. Recipe upgrades are on a per-Prince basis. So one Prince may play quite differently than another prince after you’ve leveled them up a few times.

To upgrade a Recipe, you must have a sufficient number and variety of Golden Goods. In addition, for some levels, you must have Skill Points earned via Prince experience levels and/or single-use Plans of a specific type.

One issue this raises is that the Recipedia relevant to a particular game is dependent on the Recipe Upgrades you have on that particular Prince. We’ll need to work out how to give the player-created Online Recipedias the relevant data for a given Prince.

Junk
    Some Recipes at particular upgrade levels create Shoppes which will be produce junk if they are given goods not in their Recipe. There is a special icon denoting these recipes in the Recipedia.

Maps…Totems and Altars
    So what happened to Totems and Altars? Totems and Altars are now almost exclusively built into each custom map. Usually, Totems create a negative effect on the world and Altars give a positive. Totems always active whereas Altars give their effect only when powered up via proper Good delivery. Note that an Altar’s effect is only active after being powered up for each Leap Day.

There may still be a few Totems that make it in as loot or as purchasables such as those that squash an adjacent resource but those will be exceptions.

Loot and the Market
    As we alluded to earlier, both Loot and the Market should now be much more predictable. If you defeat a particular Map you should at least receive the specific Plan it drops as a single-use item. And, in the Market, you should be able to purchase Unlimited versions of Plans at the very least. If a particular Plan requires another type of Plan (Tracks and Train Stations), we will generally drop those as pairs.

That’s it for now. Happy Leaping and we look forward to your feedback.

Best,
    The Leap Day Team

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  colemanpants.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Daniel.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Daniel.

Eskay

Sounds exciting! I’ll look forward to trying it!

You wrote,
    “When you craft of a given Good, there’s a chance you’ll find a Treasure Chest placed in your area.”

What is to “craft of a given Good”? Is it to craft it, to craft with it, or to craft a specific number of it?

colemanpants

@Eskay: Good question. It means you have crafted it and I fixed the grammar mistake.

Thanks!
    J

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  colemanpants.

Eskay

I find I wonder if anything interesting happens if you click a treasure chest when you don’t have the vault space for the golden good.

claudekennilol

Are these features now live? Or are these what are coming next?

Parts of the post imply one or the other. Thought I’m leaning towards “near future”

Eskay

If I remember correctly, last time we got one of these in the morning (for me in Pacific time), the changes went live sometime in the afternoon (same), so just a few hours later.

joeblowglitch

Changes broke existing game :(

Name is JoeBlow in a Twins game. Everything is junk.

Are we screwed?

ruthka422

I’m in Ye Dark Lord game and because I lost my all earn XP and Levels :( I have junks again and I can’t even finish that game.
    Current active games will not be reset???

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  ruthka422.

Daniel

Clarified the Old games situation. Yeah, old layouts aren’t going to work. :-(

Old Games
    Current active games will not be reset but they have some major issues.
    1) All the recipes are changed so you current layout is going to be broken. If you want to finish them, you’ll need to tear everything down and rebuild with the gold you’ve earned.
    2) Observation links won’t work on the old active games.
    3) Old games do not get XP.

However, all completed games will no longer be valid. The biggest impact here is that your old observation links will be broken.

When you start a new game, you’ll be playing with all the new rules.

claudekennilol

I just abandoned my old game and am getting “game search error” when looking for a new map (specifically when clicking on the ‘click to start a new city’ button)

ruthka422

I really have fun with your game and appreciate that you work so hard to make it better but I have one request: don’t ever do changes that way again: give info at least one week ahead. I had two almost completed games. It is nice to know that changes can happened in the middle of the game and not be suprised

Daniel

@claudekennilol: Looking into the game search error.

@ruthka We’ll try to be better about updating games in progress. It is a very good point to keep in mind.

Cake of Pain

Game Search Error should be fixed now.

joeblowglitch

Are random crowns still a reward for completing a game?

Daniel

Random crowns are not a reward currently for completing games. There’s been so many changes to the loot drop system we wanted to see how it all worked before accidentally blowing up the crown economy.

Here’s what you should see:
    – You can get quite a few single use plans just by playing maps. Since they are a guaranteed drop, you’ll always get something by finishing maps.
    – There’s a whole parallel advancement system with the good leveling. You’ll get golden good drops (look for the yellow treasure chests)

Once all this settles down, we’ll take another look at the crown situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘LD – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.