Energy tally wrong

Home Forums Road Not Taken RNT – Bugs & Technical Help Energy tally wrong

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Penny

The energy number I get at the beginning of the year is much less than it is supposed to be.
    I thought that was the case, so I tallied it up myself this time, and taking into consideration that silver watch which means more money and 10% less energy
    it should have been either 379 or 383 BUT it was 250 something.
    What am I missing?

A common misconception is that you start a new year with:
    1) A baseline energy equal to the amount of energy you finished the previous year with
    2) plus 50% (or 40% if you have an older version of the game) of the energy you finished the previous year with, as is mentioned in the previous year’s summary screen
    3) plus any energy given to you by the townsfolk
    4) all of the above adjusted by the permanent charms in your bedroom and the charms you have equipped.

The misconception is with point #1 above: the baseline energy is not the amount you finished the previous year with; rather, it is a pre-defined amount of energy (sometimes 35, sometimes 60, and perhaps other values) as scripted by the level designers. Points 2-4 are correct, with point #2 being your reward for finishing a year with high energy.

If this isn’t the issue, please email support@spryfox.com and let us know the inputs into the calculation (energy you finished the previous year with, which level you were playing (year and normal/hard mode), charms equipped, etc.) and we can try to figure out what is going on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘RNT – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.