NOTE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Spry Fox is looking for a skilled 2d game artist to help us bring to life the sequel to our hand-drawn lifesim game Cozy Grove! We are looking for an artist who brings passionate and thoughtful opinions about the lifesim genre with a body of work that showcases advanced drawing skills and all tastes cute, cozy, and chonky, particularly in isometric perspective. We currently expect that we need at least 6-9 months of your time, possibly more.
- Creating 2d game art assets such as clothing, decorations, resources and materials, environmental assets, icons, and marketing assets, etc.
- Adhering to stylistic guidance and working with other disciplines to find creative solutions to systemic design constraints
- Following workflow and file organization conventions while creating assets
- Working with producers to track tasks, help scope future work and balance your workload
- Communicating decisions and tradeoffs to the rest of the team
- Proactively soliciting and incorporating artistic and design feedback
- Implementing art in Unity following documented pipeline
- Assisting with improving and updating the asset production pipeline and maintaining documentation
- A portfolio with a few samples demonstrating a strong command of bold linework in isometric perspective and color theory.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop. (Our pipeline uses Photoshop scripts, so the bulk of production art will be created in Photoshop.)
Desirable additional skills
- Familiarity with Spine rigging and animation is a plus, but not required
- Experience using Unity is a plus, but not required
- Experience using Github and\or a Git client such as Fork or Sourcetree is a plus, but not required.
What are we offering?
- Any necessary software licenses
- Interesting, highly original work in a small, very supportive, and friendly team
We love to see candidates from under-represented backgrounds. If you think you might fit our needs but aren’t sure, please, don’t hold back! Send us your resume. The absolute worst that could happen is that we’ll receive your email with gratitude and let you know that while this opportunity might not be the best fit for you, others we’ll have in the future could be. Best case, you’ve got yourself a new job with people who are psyched that you took a chance on us. 🙂
Please send your full resume, portfolio, references, and anything else you think we should see to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be contracted for a fully paid art test.
What’s it like working for Spry Fox?
We strive to be a company that is a pleasure to work for. We hope to be an important but not dominating part of your life. We want you to have friends, family, hobbies, and a life outside of work. We want you to love your colleagues and know that they support you 100%. We want you to be proud of what you do and how you do it.
We make highly original games. Invention is part of our DNA. You’ll be working on designs that often don’t fit in a comfy genre box.
We’re fully remote, which means you have the flexibility to work from wherever you like, and in whatever configuration you’d like.
Spry Fox recognizes that crunch is a negative and counter-productive practice in our industry. Avoiding crunch is a formal and core policy within our company.