Special-needs bears need a home!

Home Forums Triple Town TT – General Discussion Special-needs bears need a home!

This topic contains 38 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  David (aka Chedd) 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Zanilla

So you’re wonderin’ what happened to those bears, ey? I’ll tell you what happened: That was me. And worse will happen if I can’t lay my hands on a version of Triple Town for my Nintendo DS soon, capiche?

…just in case you’re wondering if I am the right person to take care of such a bear: No, I am not. But you can give one to my sweet daughter, she will love it, no matter what it looks like. You can bet your moth-eaten shorts she’ll be proud of it and will show off at school till even the bloodiest idiot has seen it.

Greane Katz

God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals, each according to its kind.” It was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the cattle according to their kinds, and all the creatures that creep along the ground according to their kinds. God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “The sixth day isn’t over yet and I still have some primeval soup left.” So God started fooling around and created some germs, viruses and lawyers when he got hit by a sudden inspiration: He started to form lots of the cutest bears he could imagine. When God was nearly finished He noticed that the viruses were up to something but He decided to check on them later after finishing the bears. The viruses came closer to God. God said, “I am not finished with the eyes. I have to fix one right here and one right he… he… ACHOOOOO!”

evillemon

The stories had been passed down to generations throughout the life of the town. Often with these stories came warnings:
    “Be careful of the bears. They are not to be trusted no matter how friendly they appear.” The adults would tell the stories of the Bears to the children just in case the Bears ever came back.

“Never stand up to the Bears,” they said. “Even our most bravest souls couldn’t battle the bears. The best they ever could do was locking them in churches. If we locked them in enough churches, we could cast a spell and make them disappear. We haven’t seen them in a long time, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t run immediately if you ever see one! You run fast through the village and lock the door to your hut!”

The children heard these stories all throughout their growing up years, but had only ever seen one Bear. It would show up and disappear and it didn’t look friendly at all. It looked downright mean. Mean enough that the two girls who saw it, Ginger and Lucy, could only stand a glimpse of it. That stayed with them for the entire Summer until Autumn faded in and they could spend the days enjoying the newly colored leaves and pumpkins. They would walk every day through the forest to replace the ugly Bear memories with new memories of the glorious golds and reds of Autumn leaves.

As they were looking at the leaves, they noticed something different about a particular tree. A small eye that was just a bit offset gave them a glance. They saw an ear that looked friendly. Then there came an awkward nose with a crooked smile underneath. Ginger and Lucy stared in curiosity and quietly tried to approach. The eye and ear darted back behind the tree with a flourish of leaves.

“It’s ok! We’re friendly!” shouted Lucy. “We won’t hurt you!”

Three eyes peered back directly at them. The fourth looked toward a different direction altogether.

“We’re scared,” whimpered the lazy eye. “The last time we saw a real person, she was mean. She made Pox have a very awkward nose and mouth and gave me a terribly lazy eye.”

Ginger looked them over. “Well, we’re supposed to be terribly scared of you! You’re bears aren’t you? You like to chase us people!”

“We can’t chase anyone anymore,” responded Frys. “We’re far too afraid of people. We used to be mean and horrible Bears, but we have seen the error in our ways. That mean old witch made us look like this and we were so sad that we couldn’t chase anyone anymore.”

“Oh that’s simply terrible!” responded Lucy. Ginger was much more reticent. “Lucy, we should run back to the village and into our huts and lock our doors just like the adults always said.”

“I understand Ginger, but they’re far too nice. They have been cursed by a horrible witch and I feel absolutely terrible for them! We don’t need to run from them. They are simply Bears that have seen the error of their ways. They deserve a second chance and we can help them!”

Pox just hung his head and Frys did his best to look directly at the girls but ended up staring at a pumpkin off to the side.

“Please,” continued Lucy, “Tell us how to help you.”

Frys looked up and to the right and said, “My dear girls. The witch said we could only be healed and become true Bears again if we receive a kiss from a human . Then the curse will be broken as we will have proven that we are now good Bears.”

“Oh, of course! Please come back to our village so our entire town can see how wonderful you are.”

Pox and Frys became ecstatic. They took the girls hands and journeyed back to the village. When they arrived, the villagers ran screaming into their huts and closed and locked their doors just as they were taught to do.

“It’s ok!” announced Lucy. “These Bears are friendly. They have been cursed by a terrible witch. See his eye and his awkward nose and mouth? We can help them. If we help them, maybe they can tell the other Bears how wonderful we are and we can all live in peace and harmony!”

Some villagers looked out of their windows. Many closed their curtains even tighter.

“Thank you Lucy.” It was apparent Pox was very appreciative and humbled.

Lucy approached Pox and Ginger approached Frys. They each smiled at each other as they knew that they were doing the right thing. They kissed the bears and then stepped back.

Immediately, two eyes stared straight ahead and what was once an awkward nose and mouth now became less awkward. The two bears smiled and the smile looked normal.

The bears then promptly ate Ginger and Lucy on the spot as they became true Bears again. They terrorized the village for the rest of the day.

Always listen to your parents. They know what they’re talking about.

Thanks for reading everyone!
    -Ty

Arriella

When venturing to Triple Town, my dearest Mum always used to say, “Be careful not to go down into the woods!” She would frighten me with stories of all the angry bears trapped in there, and so, I would always make sure to stick to the path.
    But, you know as well as I do, that when a tale starts like that, eventually I’d be venturing into the woods. The day I did was a really rather nice one. So nice that in the way of storytelling, I forgot all about common sense and took a picnic down into a lovely clearing.
    Soon enough, a bear appeared, and then another! Neither bear looked mighty pleased to see me there! they came marching up, flailing their arms and growling like a hungry stomach!
    I didn’t know what to do, I ended up findinf myself inviting them to my picnic!
    Who would have thought it, bears, having a picnic, in the woods? I mean really, how ludicrous.
    Yet there we have it. They did just embarrass themselves though. No table manners to speak of, very one sided conversation (something about building a cathedral I just didn’t understand) and then one of them got juice in his eye, and was squinting for the rest of the day. Meanwhile the other one helped himself to a marmalade sandwich, to find that he really didn’t like it as much as he assumed, and screwed his face up in disgust. I must admit I didn’t find them scary at all, instead I thought they were quite adorable, but they did look rather special after sharing my picnic…

mabila

(with apologies to Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain)

This is the great
    Triple Town plain,
    All fresh and green
    From the Triple Town rains –
    A field of green for the
    Grasses to grow in,
    And patches of shade
    For brown bears to roll in.
    //
    But one year the fields
    Suddenly were intruded –
    The bears found they were
    No longer secluded.
    The trees were cut down
    To make little houses.
    The houses made way
    For mansions and spouses.
    //
    Where once there was space
    For wild bears to roam in,
    The meadows became
    Increasingly closed in.
    Castles were built
    That grew with each season –
    An ordered progression
    That grew beyond reason.
    //
    Forced into ghettos,
    And facing starvation,
    The bear population
    Developed mutations.
    They frightened the village
    With hideous moans,
    But soon the first deaths
    Were marked with gravestones.
    //
    Faced with extinction
    And yet they persisted,
    The bears soldiered on
    Though their genes then resisted.
    With each generation
    Deformities multiplied,
    While the horror of castles
    Filled up the skies.
    //
    And that’s how the great
    Triple Town plain,
    Once fresh and green,
    With the Triple Town rains,
    Lost the bears
    With their joyful noise,
    But I ended up
    With deformed plush toys.

assodalner

“…of that time when Pox was looking for bush berries: he searched and searched around, but no berries were found, and at the end of the day he was very very sad. He was crying out loud in the forest, alone, with no one to comfort him. So he started wandering in the darkest and darkest lands, hungry, with a great stomachache; after a few hours, he realized he was lost: he started to be afraid of the dark, he shivered at every whispering of the wind between the tree branches, so he found a repaired place near a tree and there he sat, crying desperately, until he fell asleep.

He woke up hearing a voice that was calling him: “where’s Pox? …where’s?”. The voice seemed worried, but Pox was so scared to answer. He started shivering as the voice become closer: “Poooox? where’s Pox? Frys wants to hug Pox!”.

“A hug?” thought Pox, and he become more self-confident: he loved hugs even more than berries! So he got up saying “here’s Pox! here’s Pox!”. He stood still as his eyes met Frys’: he was happy he had been found.
    Frys gave him the sweetest hug he ever had, smiling. Pox felt all the pain, sadness and fear slipping away. “And now…” said Frys “…let’s go looking for berries!!”. Pox didn’t believe his ears, as Frys picked his hand and dragged him down the path leading to the land of berries.
    After a brief walk, they stopped: “here we are, Pox! here we are!” said Frys happily. Pox looked around, until he saw the biggest bush he had ever seen in his whole life… “am I dreaming?” he wondered, but Frys, reading his thoughts, replied “what are you waiting? let’s go eat berries!”.

They ran faster than the wind, on their short legs, until they reached the big berry bush. So, Pox tried to pick a berry: it was a great big purple yummy berry; but it wasn’t a big yummy berry! It was a new type of mimetic Robot: it angrily woke up, snorting and roaring against the two poor bears, that were too scared and paralyzed to run away as the Robot became closer… it picked up some near bushes and thrown them against the bears. A rain of berries hit Pox & Frys, the berry juice covered them all, making them to look… uhm… “different”! They ran to the nearest water pond to wash it away, but their attempt was vain.
    Pox started to cry, scared by his own appearance reflected by the water, but Frys came close to him and hugged him for a long time, until all his tears were gone. “I love you, no matter your aspect… remember it”.
    Pox smiled again.

ILOVEBEARS

Once Upon A Time, There was a bear named Crystal. One Day She Was Walking Down a path to get to a picnic. There was a fork in the road. “I shall never know what is on each side in time for the picnic. So i will try to look both ways.” She Declared With Great Determination. Crystal looked left with her left eye, and strained to look to the right with her other. the result in this caused her eyes to be uneven. but she was able to find that the left was the right way to go. she ended up at the 100th annual BOAWF (Bears Only Association With Food) Picnic. She Was So HUNGRY that she ate and ate and ate, until her jaw was lopsided. After the picnic, she had declared to herself, “I May Look Much Different Than I Did Before, But that will never, ever , EVER stop ME!” She Went to sleep that night feeling quite proud of herself.
    THE END.

Ania

Thank you all for submitting your stories! We will announce winners next Sunday (October 14th). Stay tuned! :)

The contest winners have been chosen!

Pox the Bear will be going to the writer of this unexpectedly sad story: http://bit.ly/QKcypg. Frys the Bear will be going to the writer of this clever poem: http://bit.ly/XfniiZ.

But there were so many other good submissions that we felt the need to give a few honorable mentions! Free, signed Triple Town posters will be sent to the writer of this sweet story about bear adoption: http://bit.ly/S09YxJ, and the writer of this unexpectedly funny ode to parents: http://bit.ly/S0a7RE.

And to everyone else, our sincere thanks for participating in the contest! We really enjoyed reading all your stories and are so glad you took the time to share them with us. :-)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Special-needs bears need a home!’ is closed to new replies.