Heart Shaped Games taking sole responsibility for Highgrounds

Home Forum Archived (Inactive) Forums Highgrounds Hg – General Discussion Heart Shaped Games taking sole responsibility for Highgrounds

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raijinili 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey folks,

As ScottB has already announced, his company (Heart Shaped Games) will be taking full responsibility for Highgrounds from this day going forward, including publishing, operations, and everything else associated with the game. As such, all support requests should be directed to support@heartshapedgames.com, and all forum posts should be submitted to the new Highgrounds forum at HSG’s own website. This forum will most likely be retired in a month or so.

Having got that out of the way, I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have been playing Highgrounds and supporting us all these years. I’m very grateful for that, and it’s only because I know that Scott will take good care of you and Highgrounds that I’m willing to move on. Highgrounds is Scott’s baby above all else, and he’s more passionate than anyone about taking it to the next level. Danc and I have really enjoyed co-developing and publishing Highgrounds, but we started Spry Fox in part because we wanted to invent new original games on a regular basis, and we’ve found it hard to do that while staying actively involved in so many of our previous projects. In this rare case, where we’re not the original lead designer on the project, we have an opportunity to focus more *without* killing off a game, and that makes us very happy. ‘Cause we want to keep playing Highgrounds, too. :-)

In case you’re curious, here’s what Spry Fox is working on, going forward:

1) A new real-time action MMO version of Steambirds. We’re planning to go open beta sometime in 2015 with that, but not sure exactly when.
    2) A new word puzzle game for Android and iOS, which we’re hoping to beta in January or February.
    3) A couple of prototypes I’m not ready to say too much about yet (they’re only prototypes, so there’s a high chance we’ll decide they aren’t good enough and kill them or put them on pause while we rethink them.) Free Range Dragons, which we showed off at PAX, is actually an example of a project on pause – we like it, but we’re not sure what direction is best to take it, so we’re letting it sit while we work on other things and we’ll see if any great ideas come to us in the meantime.

So, that’s the story. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here!

-Chedd

Raijinili

Thanks, Chedd, Inferni, Ray, other Scott, and everyone we haven’t met. Wisti’ll miss y’all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Hg – General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.