Bought on Amazon

Home Forums Triple Town TT – Bugs & Technical Help Bought on Amazon

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott (Spry Fox Support) 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

smidgieroo

It has been working fine for months and suddenly last night I got an error that froze everything and even when i quit and restarted same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it gets through the tut and then the first move I make after freezes it again. I am really frustrated because I love playing this game and now I cant even fix it. I don’t know what happened because I didnt do anything different and was playing it the night before. here is the error message

1. Version: 1.20 16/1/2013
    2. Flash version: WIN 11,3,300,265
    3. Running on Desktop
    4. lang = en
    5. getServerTime()
    6. INIT 22222222222222222222222222
    7. ### ENTER CITY 00
    8. ### enterCITY from worldmapInit(): _city_code: 00 _old_score 0 old_years 0 _grid_info:
    9. gotoIdleState from enterCity
    10. ### world_map.setActiveCity :[object Object]
    11. ### start new city :[object Object]
    12. GameGrid init
    13. current round: 0
    14. startTutorial from gameInit
    15. new city: null
    16. cant save during tutorial mode
    17. current round: 1
    18. cant save during tutorial mode
    19. getServerTime() load done
    20. error trying to load server time: vars decode problem retry: 1 in 2 seconds
    21. getServerTime() load done
    22. error trying to load server time: vars decode problem retry: 2 in 4 seconds
    23. getServerTime() load done
    24. error trying to load server time: vars decode problem retry: 3 in 8 seconds
    25. getServerTime() load done
    26. ** ERROR ** getServerTime() error on data2101 Error #2101 Decoded string = & i <= 2) {
    k = true;
    l = j[2]
    }
    }
    if(f === 0 && g === 0){
    return;
    }
    if ((a != “www.facebook.com” && a != “platform.twitter.com”) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    if (l && self == parent) {
    return;
    }
    return “/b” + “anner.php?w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&d=” + a + “&url=” + b + “&ref=” + c + “&view=” + d
    } else if ((a == “www.facebook.com” || a == “platform.twitter.com”) && (f >= 250 && g >= 60) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    return;
    }
    return e + “&w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&ldr=” + “b” + “&ifc=” + ifc;
    } else if ((a == “www.facebook.com” || a == “platform.twitter.com”) && (f < 250 || g < 60) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    return;
    }
    return “/b” + “anner.php?w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&d=” + a + “&url=” + b + “&ref=” + c + “&view=” + d;
    } else {
    return e + “&w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&ifc=” + ifc;
    }
    }
    function bdetect() {
    var loc = bredir(
    ‘desktop.tripletown.com’,
    ‘desktop.tripletown.com%2Fgoogle_plus%2Fgetservertime.php%3F%26r%3D88202929’,
    ‘app%3A%2FTripleTownNEW.swf’,
    ‘error’,
    ‘/main?wc=EWJvGgFmARtfBwpyAww%3D&url=desktop.tripletown.com%2Fgoogle_plus%2Fgetservertime.php%3F%26r%3D88202929&ref=app%3A%2FTripleTownNEW.swf’
    );

if(typeof loc === ‘undefined’) {
    self.close();
    return;
    }

location.replace(loc);

}
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onLoad=”bdetect()” style=”margin: 0px;”>
    <noscript>

Some content was stripped by our security filters, but it should be possible for one of your Editors to embed the content for you.

</noscript>
    </body>
    </html>

27. ** UNCAUGHT_ERROR ** Error: getServerTime() error on data2101 Error #2101 Decoded string = & i <= 2) {
    k = true;
    l = j[2]
    }
    }
    if(f === 0 && g === 0){
    return;
    }
    if ((a != “www.facebook.com” && a != “platform.twitter.com”) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    return;
    }
    return “/b” + “anner.php?w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&d=” + a + “&url=” + b + “&ref=” + c + “&view=” + d
    } else if ((a == “www.facebook.com” || a == “platform.twitter.com”) && (f >= 250 && g >= 60) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    return;
    }
    return e + “&w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&ldr=” + “b” + “&ifc=” + ifc;
    } else if ((a == “www.facebook.com” || a == “platform.twitter.com”) && (f < 250 || g < 60) && (k || f < 100 && f !== 0 || g < 100 && g !== 0)) {
    return;
    }
    return “/b” + “anner.php?w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&d=” + a + “&url=” + b + “&ref=” + c + “&view=” + d;
    } else {
    return e + “&w=” + f + “&h=” + g + “&ifc=” + ifc;
    }
    }
    function bdetect() {
    var loc = bredir(
    ‘desktop.tripletown.com’,
    ‘desktop.tripletown.com%2Fgoogle_plus%2Fgetservertime.php%3F%26r%3D88202929’,
    ‘app%3A%2FTripleTownNEW.swf’,
    ‘error’,
    ‘/main?wc=EWJvGgFmARtfBwpyAww%3D&url=desktop.tripletown.com%2Fgoogle_plus%2Fgetservertime.php%3F%26r%3D88202929&ref=app%3A%2FTripleTownNEW.swf’
    );

if(typeof loc === ‘undefined’) {
    self.close();
    return;
    }

location.replace(loc);

}
    </script>
    </head>
    <body onLoad=”bdetect()” style=”margin: 0px;”>
    <noscript>

Some content was stripped by our security filters, but it should be possible for one of your Editors to embed the content for you.

</noscript>
    </body>
    </html>

PLEASE help

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve forwarded the problem to our development team. Hopefully they’ll have some instructions for you soon.

The developers have identified the problem: the game is getting a weird response when trying to ask what time it is on the server computer (another computer on the internet). What’s not making sense is why the response is coming back weird.

The developers have asked if you are able to reproduce the bad behavior on another computer. I suppose the first question is: Are you able to install the game on another computer? If so, please try it and let us know whether you get the same behavior. If you’re not able to install it on another computer, please let us know (we know that not everyone owns more than one computer).

smidgieroo

OK thanks for the quick response. I will try later today as soon as I can get to my sons computer.

smidgieroo

I’m sorry .I tried to install it on my son’s computer and AVG picks it up as a virus and I don’t want to monkey around too much with his settings. Is there any other way to check on your end?

smidgieroo

I’m confused about why it is trying to communicate with a server? Why is it even accessing the internet? Is that why it was picked up as a virus on my sons computer? I don’t really like that it is secretly connecting with a server unnecessarily

I am able to reproduce the problem on the Amazon stand-alone version of the game, although not with the exact error message you received. I have advised the development team of what I found. Hopefully they will be able to figure out what the issue is.

A workaround for the problem, which I understand is not an acceptable long-term solution, is to disconnect your computer from the internet before launching the game. As long as the computer is not connected to the internet, the problem does not seem to occur (at least in my experience tonight).

Unfortunately I can’t speak to why AVG is picking up the game as a virus. I can say that my computer’s virus scanner did not do the same, but I don’t use AVG.

Regarding communicating with a server, I believe the original reason we had to do this was because, in a previous version of the game, certain objects gave awards based on the amount of time elapsed. Some players were changing the clocks on their computers to gain the awards more quickly than they should have been able to, so we had the game check in with a clock on a central server to ensure that people couldn’t cheat in this manner. However, in more recent versions of the game the awards are based on points earned rather than time elapsed. My guess is that we just never removed the check of the server clock. I have asked the developers whether the check can now be removed.

We have confirmed that the version downloadable from Amazon still points to a server which we recently took offline, causing the issue you reported. We’ve done some things on our end to have it point to a server that is still operational. This fixed the problem for me. Please try it on your computer and let us know whether the problem is fixed for you as well.

Also, we found that the version downloadable from Steam was modified to use the user’s clock rather than a server clock; however this change has not yet been made to the version downloadable from Amazon. Our management has asked the developers to make this change, but I can’t give an ETA on when this will occur.

smidgieroo

Thank you very much! Yes it worked! I will keep checking to see when it is changed, hopefully soon. thanks for all your help.

Awesome! I’m glad that it’s working for you now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘TT – Bugs & Technical Help’ is closed to new topics and replies.